Coaching Opportunity: Sherwood YouthFriday, November 9th, 2012 at 2:09 pm
SHERWOOD YOUTH LACROSSE COACH(s) FOR BOYS SELECT TEAMS
REQUIREMENTS FOR COACHING : BOYS 7/8 Select Sherwood Elite
1) Be willing to attend all practices and organize them to maximize the time allotted for preparation of games and tournaments. Practices are on Friday evenings, 7/8th grade -6:30-8pm.
2) Practices begin in March after the selection process has been completed
3) It will be up to the coach who volunteers to make the selection process; Sherwood Youth lacrosse board will conduct the tryouts for the selection of elite players from Sherwood. No more than 20 players on the team.
4) Select season begins in the month of April – games for Select players are on Saturday evenings.
5) Tournaments for Select players begin in the month of May – Tournaments will be held all day – Saturday thru Sunday. Tentative tournament schedule 2013 (five tournaments total to be scheduled)
A) Sherwood Shoot Out- May 3rd,4th, and 5th
B) Sisters Tournament – May 11th and 12th
C) Battle of Lake Oswego – 24th thru 27th
D) Battle of Bothell – June 7th -9th (Seattle, WA)
6) Candidates who are interested in coaching at this level will need to fill out a coaching application and be interviewed by the Executive Sherwood Lacrosse board. The Executive board will make the selection based on qualifications of each candidate.
Playing and coaching experience is required. Sportsmanship, fostering of teamwork and the ability to motivate the players to compete at a high level is important to us. Having played at the college level and certifications are preferred. This is a paid position. There is a very good chance this could turn into a year around position.
Please send your resume and a statement on your coaching philosophy to Kevin Peck, Vice President Sherwood Youth Lacrosse. firstname.lastname@example.org