Rhino Boys 7v7 Turkey Bowl
1. Teams field 7 players – 2 attack, 2 midfield and 2 defense, plus one goalie. Onside/offsides is in effect – 2 players on offense and 3 on defense at all times. Minimum team size is 8 players; maximum is 12 players.
2. Each team is guaranteed 4 games. Round robin results will be used to seed a single elimination four team championship bracket.
3. After preliminary games are complete championship bracket seedings will be formed based on the following criteria (in order):
2. Head to Head
3. Goals against
4. Coin Toss
4. Body checking an opponent to the ground can be assessed a one minute penalty for unnecessary roughness. The Rhino Turkey Bowl showcases lacrosse skills and talents associated with using a lacrosse stick. We also recognize that this tournament is an out-of-season competition (in fact many players are, or will be, involved in an interscholastic winter sport) and we wish to keep the safety of all players at the forefront.
5. Players/teams must continually initiate offense, attempting to score a goal. The first time that a referee judges that a team is “stalling” or “sitting on the ball” that team will be given an official warning. Any time thereafter that a team is judged to be stalling will result in the ball being turned over to the other team.
6. There will be one referee per field. All calls are final … no arguments.
7. Games will be 2, 22 minute running halves. Time will start and end on the air horn. All penalties are 60 seconds on the referees watch. In the event of a tie there will be a two minute sudden death followed by a braveheart if necessary. All girls penalties will follow US Lacrosse rules.
8. Each game begins with a face-off. Wing middies must be positioned to the left of their face-off man, at the intersection of the sideline and the midline. Defensemen and attackmen must remain behind the goal line extended until the referees signal possession. The goalie must remain in the crease area until possession is signaled.
9. After a goal is scored the ball is awarded to the scored upon goalie who puts the ball in play from taking the ball BEHIND his crease area. A referee must whistle to indicate play has recommenced.
10. All player substitutions are on the fly from the midline area. Subs must wait until the player is completely off the field.
11. Each team is allotted one timeout per game. There are no timeouts during the final 4 minutes of the game. Timeouts are one minute long and the clock will continue to run.
12. Full equipment is required.
- Boys: helmet, mouth guard, shoulder pads, arm guards and gloves.
- Girls: goggles and mouth guard
- Goalies: cup, chest protector, helmet, gloves andd throat guard
13. Team members must wear matching jerseys or tank tops with numbers.
14. Maximum of three longsticks on the field at a time for the boys divisions. BOX STICKS ARE ILLEGAL. ALL STICK HEADS AND HANDLES MUST MEET REGULATIONS.
15. SPECTATORS, FANS, PLAYERS AND PARENTS ARE REMINDED TO PRACTICE GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP AT ALL TIMES!